The Northern Ireland Tourist Board (NITB) has put together a list of 12 exciting things to do in Northern Ireland over the next week (August 20-26).
* Newry Film Festival, Sean Hollywood Arts Centre, Newry, Co. Down, August 21 – 26. The Newry Film Festival hopes to nurture the next generation of young film makers with a programme of workshops, a number of screenings and a short film competition.
* Roads of Renown, Ulster Grand Prix – 90th anniversary, Ballymoney Town Hall, Co. Antrim, until August 22. Race through 90 years of excitement and thrills with this exhibition of the history of ‘The Ulster’, an outstanding, local sporting spectacle
* Literary Lunchtimes with Reggie Chamberlain-King, Ulster Hall, Belfast, August 22. Belfast-based writer and broadcaster reads from his metaphysical murder mystery series, Brittaine & Molly, singing gruesome murder ballads with his gruesome band and speaking softly about terrible topics.
* Donaghadee Historical Walking Tour, Ards Tourist Information Centre, Co. Down, August 23. Learn about the influence of the Montgomery family in the establishment of Donaghadee Harbour, visit the Lighthouse and Grace Neil’s, reputedly the oldest pub in Ireland.
* Happy Days, Enniskillen, Co. Fermanagh, August 23 – 27. The world’s first annual festival to celebrate the work and influence of Nobel Prize writer Samuel Beckett with a number of events including the world and UK premieres of his major and lesser-known works, the influences on Beckett, from music to comedy, and those that influenced him including writers, directors and actors.
* The Owl Man, Castle Espie Wildfowl and Wetlands Centre, Comber, Co. Down, until August 24. Meet a menagerie of birds of prey from various parts of the world including owls and raptors, learn about their habitats and why conservation is so important to their future.
* Blues on the Boat, Donegall Quay, Belfast, August 24 – 25. Jump onboard with the Titanic Boat Tours and enjoy Blues music as your sail upon Belfast Lough with Rev Doc and Beesting Braidner on Friday 24 and Rab McCullough & Co on Saturday 25.
* City of Derry Guitar Festival, North West Regional College, Co. Londonderry, August 24 – 26. A weekend of classical, electric and acoustic guitar courses and concerts for everyone to enjoy and for the first time this year there will also be songwriting workshops.
* Hillsborough Courthouse Market, Hillsborough Village, Co. Down, August 25. Browse an array of fresh, local produce, crafts and gifts at this warm and friendly market.
* Guided Tour of Enniskillen Castle, Co. Fermanagh, August 25. Learn about the history of the Castle from its origins as a Medieval Maguire Castle to its later history as a military barracks.
* Edwardian Afternoon Tea, Milford House Museum, Co. Armagh, August 25 – 27. Celebrate the centenary of William Street with afternoon tea and birthday cake served in the gracious surroundings of the Dining room or Study before taking a tour of the house.
* Summer Jazz Nights with Jazz Gazette, The Alley Theatre, Strabane, Co. Tyrone, every Friday until August 31. Jazz Gazette is back for another summer of wonderful jazz music. Sit back and enjoy the summer nights with some exceptional music.