CAUSEWAY Chamber of Commerce has welcomed and given its backing to The Coleraine Times initiative promoting Coleraine Borough and encouraging local people to shop locally and support local retailers and the business community.
A spokesperson for the Causeway Chamber said: “Causeway Chamber of Commerce is the leading voice of the business community in the region.
“We promote the interests of our members and the wider business community through our contacts and influence with local, regional and national government, with educational institutions and with other community sectors. We strive to support the creation of the best possible climate in which to nurture the economic activity in our region.”
“Causeway Chamber, Coleraine Borough Council and University of Ulster are currently working on a joint initiative called ‘Future Search’.
“The purpose is to bring lasting improvement in the economic, physical and social condition for our region. This will be an opportunity for Chamber members, town centre traders, retailers and businesses to generate issues that will be taken into a conference scheduled to take place in May with representatives from various sectors including, Health, Education, Community and our Youth.
“The conference in May is one of the many steps we are taking in this journey. There will be many opportunities to get involved, share your thoughts and join in the action. Causeway Chamber, Coleraine Borough Council and University of Ulster would encourage all members, traders, retailers and local businesses to get involved.
Causeway Chamber encourages the growth of our members through Chamber activities the provision of networking opportunities and access to development programmes.
It is working with local stakeholders to provide the business community with opportunities to engage and support each other through various events and networking opportunities:
* 8th March - Go Women celebrating international Women’s Day in association with Causeway Enterprise Agency, Coleraine Borough Council & Invest NI
* 12th March - Business Information evening with Derry-Londonderry City of Culture Team
* 28th March - Provost’s Annual Business Lecture “Rising to the Business Challenge of Achieving Sustainable Competitiveness” by Professor Feargal McCormack BSc PGDip FCA Managing Partner of FPM Chartered Accountants
* 22nd March - Business Dinner in conjunction with Bank of England were Dr. Martin Weale, a member of the Bank of England’s Monetary Policy Committee. Mr Weale will share the Monetary Policy Committee’s view on the economy with business leaders in NI, and in turn hear from them about their current experience of business conditions
* 4th April - Business Lunch with Senior Representative from Department of Regional Development
This is a brief overview of Chamber activities and our endeavours to support local businesses. For further details on the Chamber or any of the above events please contact Annette Deighan, Chamber Operations Manager on 028 7034 3111 or email Annette@causewaychamber.com