A Judge has apologised to the families of two teenagers who died from carbon monoxide poisoning at a holiday apartment in Castlerock in 2010, for yet another delay in the case.
Aaron Davidson and Neil McFerran, both 18, had been enjoying a holiday at a seaside apartment.
Theywere found in the property by their parents who raced from their homes in Newtownabbey when they were unable to contact the young men who had been enjoying a break ahead of receiving their exam results.
Their friend, Matthew Gaw, who was also in the seaside apartment at the time, survived.
At North Antrim Magistrates’ Court on Friday a preliminary enquiry was due to be heard.
Coleraine gas fitter, George Brown of Ballygawley Road in Aghadowey, is charged with two counts of manslaughter and 19 other charges under health and safety legislation.
The alleged work was carried out across the north coast in the months ahead of the double tragedy and included around a dozen homes and a Coleraine restaurant.
At the start of the court sitting last Friday, District Judge Brian Archer told the court that there had been ‘a breakdown in communication’ with the Court Service, and said that the case wouldn’t be going ahead as planned.
Judge Archer apologised to the families of the deceased for yet another delay.
He told the court that a Judge had now been assigned to the case, and added that the PE would likely be heard at the end of October.