Gas fitter admits causing death of teenagers

Alan Lewis - PhotopressBelfast.co.uk       28-1-2014 'Gas fitter George Brown leaves court tonight after he had pleaded guilty to twenty-one charges including two of manslaughter following a carbon monoxide leak at a flat in Castlerock in which Neil McFerran and his pal Aaron Davidson died. A third friend was seriously injured in the same incident.   The case was brought by the Northern Ireland Health & Safety Executive.                                       Ashleigh McDonald Court Copy via M&M News Services

Alan Lewis - PhotopressBelfast.co.uk 28-1-2014 'Gas fitter George Brown leaves court tonight after he had pleaded guilty to twenty-one charges including two of manslaughter following a carbon monoxide leak at a flat in Castlerock in which Neil McFerran and his pal Aaron Davidson died. A third friend was seriously injured in the same incident. The case was brought by the Northern Ireland Health & Safety Executive. Ashleigh McDonald Court Copy via M&M News Services

0
Have your say

A gas fitter from Aghadowey has pleaded guilty to causing the deaths of two teenagers by carbon monoxide poisoning.

Neil McFerran and Aaron Davidson were overcome by the gas at a holiday apartment in Castlerock, County Londonderry, in 2010.

George Brown, from Ballygawley Road, had initially pleaded not guilty to the charge of manslaughter.

He had also previously denied a further 19 charges involving failures in health and safety legislation.

After Brown pleaded guilty to all 21 charges at Belfast Crown Court yesterday (Tuesday), the crown prosecutor said: “This is a case where victim impact reports will be obtained in respect of the families of the two deceased, and of a third young man who was seriously injured in this tragic incident.”

Brown’s barrister, Jonpaul Shields, confirmed pre-sentence reports would also be sought on behalf of his client.

Brown will be sentenced for the offences in March.

He was released on continuing bail.