PREPARATIONS for the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee are now in full swing across the borough.
Twenty four groups have been successful in gaining Coleraine Borough Council grants to help with the cost of the celebrations.
In total, Council has allocated £5,778 to the groups, which range from girl guides to community forums. Events will take place right through the summer months until October.
Friday June 1
* Abercorn Court Tenants Association will hold a themed fancy dress old time dance and buffet at Rathmore Golf Club
* 1st Aghadowy Girl Guides will be hosting a range of activities for all ages based on games played over the last 60 years at Aghadowey Presbyterian Church Hall and playing fields. This event is open to other Guide and Scout groups.
*Castleroe Primary School have organised a street party in the school grounds. The party will include music, games and children’s entertainment.
Saturday June 2
Portstewart Royal British Legion are celebrating with a party, which will incorporate games for children and adults, a dance and a barbecue
Monday June 4
* Castlerock Community Association will be screening the Jubilee concert from Buckingham Palace on a big screen at the Recreation Grounds next to the Peter Thompson Hall. There will also be entertainment for children and adults
* Portstewart Prebyterian Church have organised a fun day and barn dance in the Church Hall
* Millburn Community Association are hoping that the community will come out in force to celebrate at a fun day, which will be held at Millburn Primary School
Tuesday June 5
Ballysally Cultural Heritage and Development Group will host a exhibition of the history of the Titanic, The Ulster Covenant and the Queen’s 60 year reign at the Community House.
Saturday, June 9
* The Playhouse Activity Centre are celebrating royalty through music, dance and comedy at a special event at the Montra Club
* Coleraine and District Historic Vehicle Club have organised a cavalcade around the Triangle showcasing cars from the years of the Queen’s reign.
Tuesday, June 12
1st Castlerock Scout Group will host a community event which will bring a little bit of London to the Peter Thompson Hall.
Friday, June 22 to Sunday, June 24
Coleraine District Scout Group have organised a multi venue camp for local scouts at Downhill Forest, Downhill Strand and Seacost Road
Friday June 29 to Sunday, June 30
Coleraine Ulster Scots Regeneration Group will be hosting an exhibition covering the 60 years of the Queen’s reign. A ceilidh with Ulster Scots and Scottish dancers will also take place at the Resource Centre.
Saturday, June 30
* Articlave Armed Forces Day Support Group will promote the Jubilee through Armed Forces Day with entertainment, stalls and music.
* Killyvally Residents’ Association have organised a street party.
Friday, August 10
Third Tree Glasgow Rangers Supporters Club have arranged a Jubilee pageant at Garvagh Sports and Social Club
Saturday, August 18
Portrush Sea Cadets will demonstrate water based skills at Christie Park.
Wednesday, September 5
Windyhall 50+ Club will host a tea dance with prizes for the best dressed Duke and Queen.
Saturday, September 22 or Saturday, September 29
Moneydig Rural Network Group have organised a royal themed ball with dinner and entertainment at the Magherabuoy House Hotel.
Thursday, September 27
Carnalridge Primary School will host a cross community themed street party
Saturday, October 6
* Garvagh and District Community Froum will show ‘Singing in the Rain’ with refreshments and a period dance (venue to be announced)
* Garvagh Royal British Legion have arranged a tea dance with entertainment and supper in the Legion.