A relative of one of the Claudy bomb victims has submitted a formal complaint to police about the RUC’s actions in the aftermath of the atrocity.
Coleraine man Adrian Eakin visited Coleraine police station last Wednesday to put on record his concerns, and is demanding a fresh probe into the matter.
It comes in the wake of the news last month that the investigation was to be suspended pending the emergence of new information.
Mr Eakin is cousin to the father of Kathryn Eakin – an eight-year-old girl who was among the nine fatalities in the bomb massacre in July 1972.
Little Kathryn was killed while cleaning the windows of her parents’ shop.
Mr Eakin said: “It’s something the family will never let go,” he said.
“I will pass the campaign on to the next generation, and hopefully they’ll pass it on to the next generation – until we get the truth.”
The 63-year-old said he had been due to meet a commanding officer, but gave a statement to a sergeant; something which will now be passed to the Police Ombudsman.
The Police Ombudsman’s office indicated it was aware of a complaint.
Mr Eakin said his ultimate objective would be this: “We want a public inquiry the same as the Bloody Sunday people got.
“At the end of the day, they lost relatives. They’ve got most of the answers.
“But in the case of Claudy, he added: “We’ve got nothing.”