SOME Ulster Bank customers are continuing to experience problems with their accounts, four weeks after the crisis began.
Earlier this week the bank acknowledged it will pay out “tens of millions” to customers affected by the computer meltdown.
An update on the Ulster Bank website this week stated: “All of our systems are running as normal in the time frames we would expect and normal service has now been restored for the majority of our customers.
“Given the scale of the incident, the clean-up continues and a small percentage of outstanding transactions are being processed over the next couple of days.
“There is no doubt that there will be reconciliations to some customer accounts that also need to take place over the coming days and weeks.
“However, for the majority of customers it is now business as usual.”
Technical glitches hit the RBS banking group almost four weeks ago, causing misery for half-a-million Ulster Bank account holders.
Millions of RBS and NatWest customers across the UK were also unable to access their accounts – some for several weeks – since the crisis began on June 19.
Ulster Bank chief executive Jim Brown said the “clean-up” is continuing and that they will reimburse all customers, whatever the cost.
“In terms of the financial impact, clearly it will be in the tens of millions but I can’t quantify it more than that until we know the final options that we come up with,” he said.
Mr Brown also claimed there has been no evidence of customers closing accounts over the incident and praised the response of bank staff as “phenomenal”.