The Northern Ireland Tourist Board (NITB) has put together a list of 12 exciting things to do in Northern Ireland over the next week.
For all events in ni2012 click on www.discovernorthernireland.com/events, visit your local tourist information centre or log onto http://www.facebook.com/discovernorthernireland
1. Clipper Homecoming Festival, City of Derry June 29 – July 8. Ten days of fabulous fun in the Maiden City with live music, water based activities, a sizzling food festival and a welcome home for the yachts taking part in the world’s longest yacht race.
2. Belfast Hill Heritage Festival, July 2 – 8. Series of music, talks, art, intrigue, storytelling, tours and traditional games in the hills that frame Belfast, Lisburn, Antrim and Newtownabbey.
3. Football Summer Camp, Park Hall Integrated College, Co Antrim, July 3 – 5. This football camp is open to boys and girls aged 4 - 12 years – come along and see if you have what it takes to be the next Rooney, Duff or Ronaldo.
4. Fly Me to the Moon, Craic Theatre, Coalisland, Co Tyrone, July 5. Marie Jones’ hilarious new black comedy investigating whether we are valued more in life or in death, starring Tara Lynne O Neill and Katie Tumelty.
5. Northern Ireland Decaman/Iron Man Distance Challenge, Eskragh Lough, Dungannon, Co Tyrone July 6 – 15. Fitness challenge for men and women in aid of Ulster Cancer Foundation.
6. Coyle’s Cottage Irish Night, Ardboe, Co Tyrone July 6. A fun filled evening of traditional Irish song and dance.
7. Mid Antrim Horse Show, Ballee Playing Fields, Ballymena, Co Antrim, July 7. Classes this year will include amateurs, registered jumping from 90cm to 1.20m, junior jumping and no affiliated horse and pony classes.
8. Irish Game Fair and Country Lifestyle Festival, Shane’s Castle, Co Antrim, July 7 – 8. One of the greatest Game Fairs in Ireland, this family friendly event features an authentic living history village.
9. Train as A Jedi, Armagh Planetarium, Co Armagh, July 7 - 8. Fancy yourself as a Jedi? The Emerald Garrison will pay a visit to the Armagh Planetarium to train some future Jedi Knights. Young visitors will have the opportunity to don the famous brown robe, pick up a lightsaber and learn some new skills.
10. Grass Sledging Walk Ups, Delamont Country Park, Killyleagh, Co Down, July 8. Get active in this unique outdoor grass sledging event and have a go at shooting downhill on the grass sledges.
11. Wanna be a Detective, Ardress House, Portadown, Co. Armagh, July 8. Follow the detective around the farmyard, barn and gardens of Ardress House to help him solve the mystery of Do You Know Whodunit? Suitable for age 5 to 11 years.
12. Enniskillen Canoe Tours, Lakeland Forum, Co Fermanagh, throughout July (Saturdays and Sundays). Explore Enniskillen by canoe and discover the secrets of this 400 year old island town.