A Ballintoy man been charged with a series of sex offences including alleged incidents against children.
Samuel Smylie (58),of Larrybane Park, had his case mentioned at Ballymena Magistrates Court on Thursday where he was due to appear via video link from Maghaberry Prison.
The accused faces 18 charges relating to three individuals - two males and a female - between 2009 and June 7 this year.
The charges include three of rape against a male; nine of sexual assault; two charges of false imprisonment; two charges of indecent assault on a male and one charge of gross indecency with a male and a charge of causing or inciting a child under the age of 13 - a boy - to engage in sexual activity.
Smylie had previously appeared at Coleraine Magistrates Court on Monday June 13 where he used a walking stick whilst entering the dock.
At the Monday court five charges of causing a child under the age of 18 to engage in sexual activity and one charge of causing a child under the age of 13 to do the same were withdrawn.
Also at that court a detective sergeant said she believed she could connect the accused to the charges and Smylie confirmed to the court he understood the charges.
A prosecutor told Monday’s court she was seeking a remand in custody until Ballymena Court last Thursday.
A defence solicitor told the Monday sitting no bail address was available but hoped one would and said a bail application would be made in Ballymena,
Smylie had been remanded in custody to appear at Ballymena Court via video link and when his case was called on Thursday he was not present in the video link room at Maghaberry.
His solicitor said her client had some “mobility difficulties”.
She told the court a bail address “fell through” on the Monday night and asked for the case to be transferred back to Coleraine Court on June 27 via video link and the accused was remanded in continuing custody.