Coleraine High School takes Novice Class Prize
Knockaghview Equestrian Centre was a hive of activity on Saturday for the first round of the Ulster Schools’ Show Jumping Championships.
Schools from all over the province made the journey to Greenisland, some as far away as Donegal. The arena was looking brilliant thanks to course builder Alistair Megahey and the team at Knockagh View.
The Novice class attracted most entries with the first competitor in the arena at 9am. The course proved to cause a few problems with only two teams making it through to the jump off, Coleraine High School and Ballymena Academy. Coleraine High School proved too much for Ballymena Academy and won the competition in style.
The Open competition was also quite a spectacle with great excitement in the wings as each team took to the arena. Team clears were harder to come by in this class and indeed it was just Belfast Royal Academy and Ballyclare High School who managed this feat. The defending champions Ballyclare High had super speed rounds to win the class ahead of Belfast Royal Academy.
The primary school individual competition was fast and furious. Kilkeel Primary School pupil Charley Hanna threw caution to the wind and flew round the course in record time to finish ahead Cerys Howell and Laura McKay in third.
The Secondary Individual Competition which got underway at 4pm was very exciting to watch. Hannah Thompson from Cullybackey College rode extremely professional rounds to win the competition ahead of Ciara Gilroy and Ria Farley.
The first USSJ was sponsored by Kids Academy and Wilsons Auction.
For further information please Stuart Tel 07736009189 or email [email protected] the next round of the Ulster Schools’ is on Sunday 17th November 2013
Organisers wish to thank judges Roberta Brown, Debbie Sheridan and Anne Sheridan. Also many thanks to Knockagh View for the use of their facilities.
Novice Team Competition
1. Coleraine High School - Becka Sim, Olivia Quinn, Elle Johnston, Corin Cole
2. Ballymena Academy Red - Ben Peppert, Jamie-Lee marks, Rachel Fullerton, Alice Agnew
3. Ballymena Academy Navy - Sarah McNabney, Hannah winters, Charlotte Rodgers, Courtney Hamilton
4. Limavady Grammar School- Molly McLucas, Erin Loughrey, Aoife McSheffrey
5. Ballyclare Secondary School team 2- Jessica McConnell, Alex McConnell, Robyn McConnell, Kerri Taylor
6. Belfast Royal Aademy - Justine Harding, Victoria Minford, Amber Vick
Open Team Competition
1. Ballyclare High School (Bran) - Sophie Dunn, Holly Wray, Luca Stubington, Rebecca McConnell
2. Belfast Royal Academy (Pottinger) - Beth Moss, Amy Wilson, Justine Harding, Jessica Johnston
3. Cambridge House - Kathryn Knox, Nicole Cameron, Niki McNeice, Laura Millar
4. Belfast Royal Academy (Cairns) - Ana Desmond, Jessica Johnston, Victoria Beattie, Amber Vick
5. Ballymena Academy - Laura Wylie, Sarah Wylie, Rebecca Surgeoner, Ben Peppert
6. Ballyclare High School Dixon - Lia McKenzie, Katy McKay, Susie Megahey, Rachel Black
Primary Individual Competition
1. Charley Hanna, Hazy, Kilkeel PS
2. Cerys Howell, Runnaway Dolly, Cygnet House PS
3. Laura McKay, Darcey, Fairview PS
4. Cerys Howell, Captain Morgan, Cygnet House PS
5. Laura McKay, Scout, Fairview PS
6. Tori Surgenor, Rocket Lady, Gracehill PS
Secondary Individual Competition
1. Hannah Thompson, Sophie, Cullybackey College
2. Ciara Gilroy, Hillstorm, Glenlola Collegiate
3. Ria Farley, Dolly Mixture
4. Lois Larmour, Glengormley High School
5. Charlie Jewiss, Greensans Lad, R.B.A.I
6. Keavy Molloy, Diamond Seeker, Cullybackey College