Under-15’s see off Peacocks


Coleraine Academy 04’s put in a solid performance against Carniny to maintain their recent run of good results.

Perhaps the most pleasing aspect of this game is the way the Wee Bannsiders kept a clean sheet. An early goal from Rafferty MacKay settled the Bannsiders but credit due to Carniny who never gave up and caused problems to the defence of Owen Boyd and Peter Nevin who snuffed out any attacks. Captain Jake Speers in nets look assured with any shots that came his way. Another from Rafferty MacKay, two from the impressive Bobby Millar and the customary left foot strike from Lewis Tosh ensured a comfortable win even if the team didn’t play to their full potential. Man of the Match: Rafferty MacKay

Coleraine U9 Olympic put in a battling display against Northend. Coleraine started off well passing the ball about the pitch with confidence and missed a few chances. Northend scored with a weak taken goal but Coleraine struck back with a great team goal finished by Harrison Oliver. The second half started off with both teams creating chances and again Northend scored. Then the boys started to create chances with Reece Watton and Ethan Best causing the Northend defenders a torrid time all day. Another attack by Coleraine’s Harrison Oliver finished of neatly making the score 2-2.

Man of the Match: Ethan Best and Reece Watton


There was barely a cloud in the sky at a freezing Ballysally but it rained goals as the Coleraine lads put last week’s disappointment behind them to win emphatically. Coleraine showed their intentions early on scoring in the first minute through Lewis Dallas after a nice passing move then racing into a four goal lead within 13 minutes.

Some sleepy midfield play allowed Institute to get a couple of goals back before Coleraine took total control with a super Jake Wallace hat-trick and goals for every other outfield player, very often set up by the determined dribbling and great final ball from MOM Patrick Kelly.

Aaron Downes’ determined play down the left was rewarded when he dispossessed the keeper to score and Mark Lowry scored a fine solo effort.

Goalkeeper Owen Mackenzie also got in on the act with an acrobatic first half save and a couple of great second half blocks but he didn’t have a great amount to do behind a solid defence marshalled by Owen Benson, back to his best. Ryan Canning set himself up for his birthday with a great headed goal and Ben Dallas counted with a brace.

Man of the Match: Patrick Kelly

The Olympic team went down 5-0 at home to Ballymena.

Man of the Match: Joshua Campbell


Coleraine came into this match with Stranocum on a high after last week’s win, but were soon brought down to earth when the hosts opened the scoring in under five minutes. Stranocum doubled their lead after poor judgment between Coleraine’s defence and keeper presented the forward with an open goal. Coleraine were soon down by three with less than 15 minutes on the clock. Finally Coleraine got into the swing of things and began to show what they were really made of with Adam Purvis and Jordan Wade going close.

Coleraine flew out of the blocks and scored in the opening minute of the second half through Adam Purvis and with confidence pushed forward, with Adam Purvis, Stuart Cameron and Dylan Stewart all causing the home defence trouble. As the half wore on the heaviness of the pitch began to tell on the lads and their pace dropped and Stranocum scored another three in the final 10 minutes.

The lads know in themselves this display was far below par and will be looking to bounce back next week.

Man of the Match: Kyle Millar.


Coleraine maintained their 100% start to the season with a good win against local rivals Berties. A slow start and dubious offside decision saw Berties take the lead on tenn minutes. Coleraine began to apply pressure and a series of corners almost saw them equalise. A short corner to McCormack allowed him to hit a hard and low ball into the box and it some how found it’s way into the net. Minutes later a superb corner from Gault saw R Kane head the ball home to make it 2-1. Coleraine continued to dominate the game with Walker, Hayes and Stewart bossing the midfield. Coleraine came close several more times but the score remained 2 - 1 at half time.

Coleraine started the second half slowly and Berties applied pressure. The Coleraine midfield finally got a grip of the game again with Walker in particular supplying good ball for the forwards. It was Walker who added the third when he found himself in space at the back post and he drilled the ball home from sixteen yards.

Coleraine were now in control and McCook added the fourth to keep his goal a game record going. A free kick from the right saw Waddell score when his shot beat everyone including the keeper. In the last minutes Berties won a free kick which looked to be heading into the top corner of the net but Jake Smith in the Coleraine goal pulled off a great save. At the final whistle Coleraine ran out comfortable winners 5-1. Joint man-of-the-match this week goes to J Walker for a dominant display in midfield and to S McCook who was a real handful up front.