Loughanreagh have reduced Dunluce’s lead at the top of Division 1 to half a point following their 7–0 win against lowly Boveedy.

Alastair Steele was first up for Louughanreagh when he took on Doughie Morrow. Steele’s rink was too good winning by six shots. Alan Irwin kept the momentum going for the home team in his 16 shots to 7 shots win against Ashley McCahon.

Ian Ross’s (Loughanreagh) four outplayed Aaran Tennant’s rink to win 12 shots to 7 shots. Edwin Irwin made it a full house for Loughanreagh when he defeated Alan Catherwood by 11 shots.

Dunluce entertained the Marian and Alastair McIntyre put the first points on the board for the home team with a fine win over Joe Martin. Over on mat two Barry Kane (Dunluce) and James Martin (Marian) were having a real ding dong battle, the scores being seven shots each going into the last end.

However Kane picked up four shots to give Dunluce the advantage at half time. The Marian pulled a game back in the second half when Terrence McGarry got the better of Alastair Kilpatrick. Uel MeKeeman then secured the win and bonus points for the home team when he beat Brian McAlary 13 shots to 7 shots.

Moneydig were hoping for a home win in their game with fellow strugglers Second Kilrea. Trevor Workman (Moneydig) kept that dream alive when he got the better of Margaret Johnston (2nd. Kilrea).

In the next game however Brian McGrath (2nd. Kilrea) brought the teams back level when he easily beat Brian McFetridge. Willie Knight again put the home team in front with a five shots win against Hugh Paul. Any chance of an overall home win was scuppered when Ivan Smyth (2nd. Kilrea) defeated David Wright by two shots.

In a middle of the table clash, Ballinrees played St. Mary’s. Victor Millen (Ballinrees) beat Aidan Cassley 10 shots to 7 shots. David Calvin made it two out of two for the home team in his good win against a determined John Campbell. Declan McCann (St. Mary’s) got his team’s only win when he played Uel Gordon.

Jonathan Calvin (Ballinrees) ensured that there would be no surprises when he defeated Jordan Mullen 11 shots to 9 shots.

In Division 2, leaders St. Colman’s took on second place Finvoy Presbyterrian out in Dervock. In the first half things were looking good for the home team with both Paul McCook and Martin McAleese winning their games against Joe Moore and Robert McShane respectively.

However great wins from Chris Jones (Finvoy Pres.) who beat David Walker 11 shots to 6 shots and Gary McCloy (Finvoy Pres.) who got the better of Kenny Carson meant that the points were shared equally between the two teams. St. Colman’s still lead Division 2 by one point but they have a game in hand.

Drumreagh move up into third place in the league thanks to this home win against New Row. Jonathan Elder got the visitors off to a great start in his win over Sammy Martin.

Raymond Clyde (Drumreagh) made the game all square at half time when he beat Joe Elkin by 12 shots. In the second half Carson Boyd (Drumreagh) won against Freddie Monaghan and Edwin Jackson (Drumreagh)made the victory complete with his win against John Graham.

Castlerock entertained Killowen and won 5-2. Victor Callaghan (Castlerock) beat Bill Howard by 10 shots. Harry Sweeney (Killowen) got back to winning ways in his game with Terry Campbell winning 10 shots to 5 shots.

Brian Wilson won the next game for Castlerock when he took on Billy Laverty. Billy Boyce got Killowen’s second point when he defeated Jackie Hutchinson by a single shot.

In the other game in Division 2 Dunloy Presbyterrian beat Garvagh & District 6 – 1.